Easter in Volterra


....Alright, so much for keeping an up-to-date blog. It seems that I have half forgotten it even existed recently! But, because now I can't really hide the fact that I have remembered, I may as well continue, despite my laziness. It's not like I have much else to do besides blab on about my past few days anyway.
....As most people (actually, mostly vampires and a couple werewolves, er, shape-shifters) obviously are aware of, I decided to host a giant Easter party last Sunday in addition to the usual Easter basket for Caius. He agreed excitedly, unaware of the fact that I had indeed bothered to go and invite every vampire I personally knew in existence. Long story. And so, what was possibly Volterra's biggest Easter egg hunt in history was scheduled for Easter Sunday, April 12th, 2009. And what's funny is the fact that I usually never bother with specific dates anyway.
....Of course, less than a week before the event, there was apparently some problem with newborns again *cue exagerated groan* and, as usual, I was left here at the castle as Caius took some members of our guard to deal with them. Obviously, no one bothered to give me all the details. All I knew was Renata and Caius got into some sort of argument which resulted in torn walls and destroyed furniture on Caius' part. Even once they worked it out, I was still the one expected to fix the mess, although, Caius did sort of help out with fixing up the walls. At least Ren voltunteered to assist me.
....And the one solution to ease up all that tention before Easter came? Well, I do believe Ren, Chels, and I came up with the perfect sceme to cheer (or possibly anger) everyone up. I won't go into details, but it certainly consisted of dying the Volturi leaders' robes what I considered 'happy' colors. Chelsea decided Caius got bright yellow, Marcus was to have baby blue, and light pink was definately reserved for Aro. Reactions were priceless; Aro was the only one who nearly went into shock because of it, though. He got his revenge by using the same dye to destroy Ren's favorite shoes. Oh well, it was worth it!
....Before I knew it, Easter had come! For the first time, I felt that we were finally celebrating a holiday. The guests all arrived as it was beginning to get dark (on Aro's terms, as he was rather worried about sparkly vampires racing around Italy in broad daylight), although some did come and stay with us a few days ahead of schedual. Festivities went wonderfully - I used both hard-boiled and raw eggs to add to the excitement. Although, I do feel rather guilty for all the violence that went around due to the excuse of having raw eggs at hand. Poor Italians; Volterra will smell quite terrible for quite a few days afterwards. The hunt lasted for hours, and personally, I think it was by far my best suggestion ever! It ended sometime around 7 in the morning, as the sun decided to show up and ruin all the fun, and I'm still not even sure who won! In any case, I have a pretty good idea of what I'm doing for Easter next year. And Maggie began plotting something for the fourth of July with me, so I'll hold her to that. We're gonna need a LOT of fireworks.

No comments:

Post a Comment